Nurturing a diverse and inclusive work environment is of utmost priority at Wipro. We believe that having a diverse workforce is not only important for our business, in fact, it is essential as it promotes an inclusive culture that benefits every stakeholder. To achieve the same, we have embarked on a journey called 'winspire, that ranks talent over everything else.
What we mean by diversity?
Diversity can be understood as a wide variety of differences or similarities/dimensions among people. e.g. gender, race/ethnicity, age, language, education, geography, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, work experience, and role. Simply put, it is a demographic makeup of teams/organization.
Why is inclusion critical for us?
Inclusion emphasizes encouraging participation, leveraging and integrating diversity into everyday working. It is all about valuing the differences and celebrating the uniqueness among individuals with respect; creating a workplace where an employee is accepted; and treated as an insider by others in a team. In an inclusive organization people feel welcomed, respected, engaged, recognized and motivated: there is an overall sense of belonging. Diversity and inclusion, together are a potent force. Hence, as an organization, we do not look at just the numbers, graphs or metrics of how diverse we are. We want to build a truly inclusive work environment.
Wipro's Diversity & Inclusion Charter
- Improve Gender Diversity Mix at Company level, Seniority levels, Key Business roles
- Formalize a support system with focused Training & Mentoring
- Exposure to Women Role Models/Networking Platforms
PERSONS WITH DISABILITY
- Continuous Improvement of Information System / Physical Infrastructure /Policies & process
- Enhancing Impact of our Inclusivity Initiatives by engaging with employees with disabilities
- Increased Training & Sensitization
- Bridging the Employability Gap
- Equipping the talent pool with the right skills
- Managing Cross Cultural teams with a Diverse Workforce growing- organically & inorganically.
- Workforce across 55 countries, 100+ Nationalities