Got questions? Well, we’ve got the answers!
What do I get from joining the Ascent programme?
- Gain a permanent full-time role within Wipro
- Study (20%) for a University degree – a debt-free start to your career (Wipro pays all your tuition fees)
- Exciting and challenging work including on-the-job learning (80%). This will be across a broad range of areas including digital engineering, digital testing, business analysis, technical administration, business intelligence, cybersecurity, cognitive computing, Internet of Things and blockchain engineering.
- Awarded a BSc (Honours) in Digital & Technology Solutions degree with Sheffield Hallam University, specialising in IT consultancy.
What training and
Our programme includes all the opportunities you need to prepare for a successful career in the technology industry. On a quarterly basis, you and your manager will review the performance to ensure your success. On finishing your apprenticeship successfully, you will be a highly qualified graduate with unparalleled career opportunities.
Where will I study for
We are proud to have partnered with Sheffield Hallam University to create a unique, bespoke four-year degree programme that is designed to unlock your potential. You can work, earn and learn while studying towards a degree and preparing for a management career in the UK.
Our approach allows you to be productive at your workplace and learn relevant skills on the job.
You will be based from our Reading office, but it is likely that at some point you will be working on projects across the UK. This could mean being away from home during the week. But don’t worry, we’ve got your expenses and accommodation covered!
If I am successful, what will my salary/ benefits be?
- Your Year One starting salary will be £17,000 plus a variety of benefits you can choose from
- 20 days annual leave (plus bank holidays)
- A state-of-the-art software engineering laptop (Windows 10 or OS X, based on client requirements)
- As an apprentice, you’ll also get the same benefits as a full-time university student on campus
do I need?
- 96 UCAS points from three A levels or equivalent BTEC national qualifications.
- GCSE Level C or above (Pass) in Maths.
How does it work?
- If you successfully get through our initial screening, you will be invited to one of our assessment days in Reading where you will be interviewed, take part in a group exercise and learn a little bit more about our apprenticeship programme.
- On appointment, you will undergo a two-week company orientation. You begin your role with Foundations of Technology Solutions, an intensive 12-week training course with Sheffield Hallam University, that will provide you with an exciting opportunity to work on ‘live’ client projects and begin your on-the-job learning.
- Each stage of the apprenticeship comprises three six-month blocks. This pattern of study is designed to fit around full-time employment and blends distance learning, work-based study and attendance at on-campus study days. This approach allows apprentices to combine the two roles. First, by learning relevant skills and gaining valuable experience on client projects, with ongoing support from experts in your chosen field and an assigned mentor, you will be a fully-fledged member of our team. Second, you will participate in a learning community of peers (including other apprentices and graduates) who are broadening and deepening their professional knowledge.
- After four years, you’ll be awarded your degree in BSc (Honours) in Digital & Technology Solutions and become a highly skilled multi-discipline IT consultant.
Whilst working at Wipro I’ve become more confident in engaging with others and I’m constantly evolving within the cyber security industry.
Whilst working at Wipro I’ve become more confident in engaging with others and I’m constantly evolving within the cyber security industry.During my apprenticeship, I have been able to develop my skills and learn new ones, whilst simultaneously studying for my Bachelors’. Being able to apply theoretical learnings into the workplace have reinforced them and enabled me to use these skills for the greater good
By developing technical skills within Wipro's Degree Apprenticeship program and building leadership skills in my role, I am progressing and growing every day in my career