At Wipro, integrity is of utmost importance
We receive a number of complaints from candidates who are offered employment at Wipro that require payment of cash deposit into specified bank accounts. These are fake job offers. All Wipro mails to candidates have a clear warning against payment of cash for securing jobs at Wipro. At Wipro, Integrity is of utmost importance and Wipro does not entertain payment of any kind from candidates for employment.
Common attributes of fake job offer emails
- They come from public email ids.
- They claim to come from 'Wipro Group of Industries Limited' or some such non-existent organization but claiming to carry the name of 'Wipro'.
- They call for cash deposit into a designated bank account.
- To make the offer seem authentic, the email will call for submission of 'qualification documents', 'experience certificate', photographs, etc.
- The emails will contain numerous apparent grammar and spelling errors.
- 90% of these mails call the aspirant for an interview at Delhi, Noida or Gurgaon.
- Often, the contact address, phone numbers given in the email are non-existent and false.
- Wipro Recruitment team corresponds from email addresses with the domain “@wipro.com”. In case any generic email ID ending with Gmail/Yahoo domain is copied while receiving a job offer or interview call, please be alert on the likelihood of a scammer.
How to tackle fake Wipro offers and fake ads
- In case you receive such mails, please do not pay/deposit money. These mails must be reported as SPAM.
- In the event there was already a payment made, please lodge a complaint with the nearest police station so that necessary action can be taken against the imposters.
- Some of our requirements are announced using advertisements and web banners in leading publications and portals across the globe. Our advertisement will be unique with our logo, a Wipro email ID for response and the URL of the career site carried in it.
- The hiring process involves at least one interview (virtual or in-person). Wipro will not request for an interview on any instant messaging applications.
- The Wipro Recruitment team does not request or require personal documents like bank account details, tax forms or credit card information as part of the recruitment process
- If you encounter any suspicious mail, advertisements or persons who offer jobs at Wipro, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not email your resume to this ID. This ID is not monitored for resumes and career applications.