- Since MBA grads are hired for strategic roles, the selection process seeks talent with initiative and drive. The selection typically, happens through our internship program (WISE) or through the on-campus recruitment fair. Candidates are made to undergo multiple rounds of evaluation (of group and individual rounds) to ensure that the best are hired from across B schools.
- WISE (Wipro Summers Experience) is the MBA internship program which has been launched only in select B schools in India. Students from across these B schools are offered internship opportunities for a period of 2 months. On successful completion of their internship, they are rewarded with a pre-placement interview/offer based on their performance during their internship period.
- The Global Graduate Academy was initiated to tap into the talent pool at the universities in US and Europe. The recruitment for this program takes place in two cycles – Fall semester and Spring Semester along with off-campus hiring through MBA Focus, MBA Exchange and candidate Outreach programs such as MBACSC member schools, Bloomberg Assessment Testing database and Nationwide MBA case competitions.
- The academy begins its orientation at Atlanta and subsequently concludes with 3-4 weeks of new hire training and orientation at our headquarters in Bangalore.
This program is designed to engage MBA graduates in their first year of joining, in order to acclimatize them into our culture.
- Induction – The MBA selects are welcomed into the organization with a week-long induction followed by business specific induction. These assimilation programs are designed to assist employees to understand more about the organization’s corporate strategy, culture, vision etc. and also enable interaction with the senior leadership at Wipro.
- Nurturing – Pre-defined roles are assigned to every MBA select. They are mentored by leaders and are provided domain training and exposure to enhance their skills with relevance to their roles. The B school program at Wipro provides the central anchor and support to the MBA selects during their initial years.
We have a defined career path for our MBA talent at Wipro and they are encouraged to move across and explore new roles and businesses & geographies over the span of their career. They hone skills subsequently to lead teams and don roles of practice heads over a period of time.
Every 2-3 years you will be encouraged to move across businesses and roles. In 5 years, you can expect to lead a team and in 10 years you could move into practice head roles or an international role.